Keep Mold from Gaining a Foothold in Your Home or Building

Mold growth can be a big problem for home and business owners alike. Even in a dry, arid place like Arizona, property owners aren’t immune to the effects of this invasive, unhealthy form of fungus. Mold growth is bolstered by the presence of moisture, so keeping your structure free of any excess water is the best way to reduce the presence of mold. Below are several specific steps that you can take to prevent mold from flourishing in your home or commercial property.

Mold on Walls, Mold Damage on Ceiling

Keep Humidity under Control

Although you can’t see the small water droplets that are often present in indoor air, even that small amount of moisture can foster mold growth over time. It’s important to install and use ventilation fans in areas that are frequently subjected to high humidity, including bathrooms, kitchens and laundry areas. A dehumidification unit may also provide a long-term solution in basements and other areas with consistent exposure to moisture.

Take Care of Leaks

A damaged roof or problematic pipe can cause unsightly discoloration due to water damage, and that same moisture may also encourage mold to take hold. Regular roof and plumbing inspections will give you advance warning of any potential leaks before the damage spreads, and timely repairs can cut off the source of moisture and head off mold growth before it has a chance to occur.

Call in a Professional after a Flood

The best time to respond after an indoor flood is as soon as possible. Even if the flooding seems localized and insignificant, the water damage and mold growth that result can be widespread. An experienced flood damage professional will use state-of-the-art water extraction methods to quickly dry carpeting and furniture and will assess the need for any further repairs as the floodwaters recede.

If you’d like more information about mold prevention, mold remediation or water damage control services, give Lotus Contracting Services a call today at 480-500-5481!

This entry was posted in Water Damage. Bookmark the permalink.