If you have mold in your home, it could put you at risk for several different health ailments. Mold, including black mold, can cause severe allergies, breathing problems, and it is suspected to have other health effects as well. If you find mold in your home, you need to get it treated as soon as possible. Mold can grow quickly, making your home inhabitable until it gets removed.

Signs of Mold Issues

There are several signs of mold in your home. They include:

• Musty smell. When you have mold in your home, you will smell a musty smell that does not go away. When the mold infestation gets extreme, you will start to smell it on your clothes and things in your home.
• Seeing mold. If you look at your ceilings and walls, you may see mold growth. This mold can be green or black.
• Seeing water dripping. If you have a leak somewhere in your home, the chances are that there is mold growing near that spot.

How to Treat Mold

There are several ways that mold can be treated, but the first thing that you will need to do is to find out where the mold is coming from. If you have a leaking roof or leaking pipe that is causing the mold problem, you will need to get that fixed immediately. If you have just a small amount of mold, you can wipe that with a cloth soaked in vinegar or a bleach solution. If your problem is larger, you will need to call a professional mold remediation company out as soon as possible. Never try to clean these large areas of mold yourself. This can put you at risk for health issues. It is best to let a mold remediation company handle removing the mold for you.

If you have an issue with mold growing in your home, please call Lotus Services today. We can help to make sure that all the mold spores are gone out of your home. Getting all the mold out of your home is imperative. If just one spore is left, it can rebreed and regrow in your home.