Mold is a concern for every home owner. It can mean that there is serious water damage that can wreak havoc on your property. One of the worst types of mold, however, is black mold. This kind will not only damage property but can also cause all manner of health issues in the people who been exposed to it. When it comes to mold one of the most important things to remember is that the longer you are exposed to it, the more damage it will do, so learning to recognize the signs of toxic mold is vital. We have some things you should look out for.
This is a very common sign that there is toxic mold in the house. Water damage, which causes mold, will discolor the walls. You may see patches of paint that look different than in other areas of the room, which is a clear sign that mold is present. You may also start seeing black spots growing on the walls. This is the mold itself. It is important not to try to remove these spots yourself, since you will just be spreading spores around the house. You need to contact specialists to get the job done.
If you or a loved one begins to experience serious allergy issues in the house, this can be a sign that there is toxic mold. People who suffer from asthma and other breathing issues will be particularly vulnerable to this, so they may be the first ones to notice something is happening in the house.
Toxic mold will leave a musty, unpleasant smell in your home. If you begin to notice a change in the way your home smells, take the time to hire an expert to diagnose whether or not you have mold. Remember, the sooner you do this, the less damage that the mold will cause.
These are the most important signs that you may have black or toxic mold in your home. Because this kind of mold can cause lots of health issues, you want to ensure that if you suspect there is mold, you call an expert at remediation as soon as you can. A good company that specializes in these services will keep you and your property safe.
If you think you have a Mold problem in your home or business in the Arizona area please call us today at 480-500-5481