The long, sunny days of summer are on the way, and for Phoenix, AZ, residents, that means a lot of good things. The advantages of living in a hot climate are numerous like enjoying your afternoons by the pool or a warm evening on the patio. Unfortunately, mold loves the heat too, and it will grow quickly in your home if left untreated.

You may think having a little moisture in your home is okay, but moisture plus toxic mold can lead to many problems for you and your property. Perhaps your home was flooded recently due to a broken appliance or burst pipe, and you dried out the area on your own. Even if the walls and floor feel dry, it’s likely there is still accumulated moisture under the floor coverings and between the walls. No matter how efficient you are, it can be impossible to remove all of the residual dampness after a flooding accident without professional equipment.

The summer heat creates a perfect temperature for mold to thrive in. The heat and moisture in an undisturbed space will allow mold to grow quickly and will destroy your home if you let it. Household molds have been linked to many illnesses and allergies, and it is unhealthy for the people and pets in the building. Certain molds have been linked to long-term respiratory conditions and make life hard for asthma sufferers. It is especially damaging to people with compromised immune systems, children and the elderly.

Once mold takes over one portion of your home, the spores can be sent through the air provided by the air conditioner. Mold feeds on wood, paper, carpeting and clothing and can create thousands of dollars in damages. The best way to stop this from happening is to hire a mold removal company. A mold remediation specialist will remove all traces of excess water and mold, so you are left with a clean and healthy environment.